According to Hindu culture and beliefs, Tulsi is one of the most sacred plants and plays a major significant role in one’s life. The miraculous properties of the plant make it unique among all the common herbs. Vedic scriptures portray Tulsi as an incarnation of Goddess Laxmi. It is believed that the presence of basil in the house makes sure that the household never goes out of money.
Moreover, Tulsi leaves also reflect Ayurvedic, astrological and scientific influence along with the spiritual properties. Ancient astrological writings are proof of uses and remedies of Tulsi plant.
The panacea of treatment, Tulsi has five types.
- Ram Tulsi
- Shyam Tulsi
- Shwet/Vishnu Tulsi
- Van Tulsi
- Nimbu Tulsi
Astrological Importance of Tulsi plant
The plant is highly beneficial for married people. If married people worship the plant, it helps them to ward off negative energy from their life, and they grow a strong relationship with their spouse. When Tulsi and astrology go hand in hand, Vastu dosh subsides.
Tulsi and Ayurveda
Tulsi or basil leaves are a common ingredient of the Ayurvedic medicines. The excellent part helps in getting rid of foul and stingy smells and toxic components. Tulsi has a marvelous property of enhancing one’s immunity. Chewing Tulsi leaves a few times a day helps in getting rid of common cold and throat pain. Eating Tulsi leaves with black pepper is a sure shot treatment for cold and cough. It can even treat severe illness like Swine Flu effectively.
Apart from all this, Tulsi leaves to fight off pollution and fills your home with fresh air.
Tulsi and Science
Tulsi is also considered necessary in the world of science. The scientific name of Tulsi is Ocimum Sanctum. Tulsi purifies the environment of a house by releasing Oxygen and absorbing carbon dioxide. Having a Tulsi plant at home also helps us to get rid of mosquitoes and flies. It prevents the flourishing of malaria at home.
Tulsi is best known to purify and detoxify the blood in the human body.
Common Remedies of Tulsi plant
- The body gains strength by consuming 5 grams of Tulsi seeds daily with hot milk.
- Tulsi leaves are a great help if one is suffering from bad breath.
- Usually, alums are used in the injured area to minimize pain and infection. Putting Tulsi leaves along with it will enhance the effect of alum.
- Applying Tulsi paste on the face will help you get rid of acne and blackheads.
- A cup of hot tea infused with Tulsi keeps your body warm and strengthens it.
- Tulsi leaves mixed with lemon juice helps you get rid of itchy skin when applied on the affected area.
- Drinking Tulsi extracts daily plays a significant role in keeping a person fit and healthy.
- Smelling the fragrance of Tulsi leaves makes you feel refreshed.
- Immerse Tulsi leaves in water to make it pure.
- Drinking Tulsi syrup along with the medication of dengue or fever helps you heal at a faster rate.
- If someone is suffering from yellowing of eyes, putting juice of Tulsi leaves in eyes can help them.
Precautions: Taking these few precautions with Tulsi plant save from any dosha.
- Vastu has a strict rule about the direction of the Tulsi plant. It should be planted in the North corner of the house.
- Tulsi should not be watered on Sunday. On the other days, one can water it early morning after taking a bath.
- Basil leaves should never be offered to Lord Ganesha, Lord Shiva or Bhairava.
- Basil leaves do not leave their freshness for 11 days. One can pour Ganga water on it and can use it for worship.
- Never pick a necessary leave on Sunday, Ekadashi, Dwadashi, Sankranti and evening.
This detailed information about Tulsi plant will help you lead a happy and content life.