Sunderkand is that chapter of Raam-charit-manas that mainly focuses on Lord Hanuman. Written by Goswami Tulsidas, the epic is considered as auspicious as reading Hanuman Chalias.
In this chapter of Raam-charit-maanas, Jambavan reminds Lord Hanuman about the supernatural powers he has forgotten of. Jambavan tells him how he has lost his memory and doesn’t even remember how efficiently he can fly. He exhorts Hanuman that he is capable of crossing the Mighty Ocean by stealing and how his superpowers will help him collect information regarding Seeta who has been abducted by Raavana.
Sunderkand is considered as one of the most critical chapters of Ramayana. It is narrated when the narration of complete Ramayana is not possible. Sunderkand depicts how Seeta stands for Bhakti or devotion and how one needs the wings of love and prayer to reach around her and cross the Ocean of life.
Narrating and hearing sunderkand fills the individual with happiness and fulfillment. There are several stories weaved in this epic that encourage individual to achieve peace and harmony and let go off his mental uneasiness.
Top 10 Benefits of Reading Sunderkand
- The significance and importance of Sunderkand lie in the life lessons it provides. It can be chanted anytime in the morning or evening according to your convenience.
- Sunderkand is so powerful that reciting it in routine can help ward off evils. It removes all the negativity and obstacles from one’s life and bestows the person with happiness and prosperity. The epic is a description of how a real devotee can win over all the situations to fulfill his devotion.
- Sunderkand teaches you how one can win over every difficulty and unfortunate situation in life if he decides to do so. How Lord Hanuman crossed the Ocean in the devotion of Seeta Mata is an example that wisdom and vigour is the answer to any obstacle in life.
- Reciting Sunderkand regularly enhances the strength and determination of a person. They get mental peace that inspires and motivates them to carry out the difficult tasks of life.
- Also, it depicts that God always appreciates the devotees who have a pure heart, noble thoughts, and a clear mind. “Nirmal Man Jan So Mohe Paava, Mohe Kapat Chaal Chidra Na Bhaava.”
- Reading sunderkand regularly can help you get rid of all the obstacles and problems of your life. Reciting the verses of this tremendous help you get relief of your sufferings as well. It protects you from the malefic effects of the planetary positions as well.
- Sunderkand is known to grant the wishes of the devotees. You can enjoy the real essence of life with peace, keeping tensions at bay.
- Sunderkand plays a vital role in improving the financial condition of a person.
It protects oneself against diseases and ensures good health.
- Reciting sunderkand daily takes away all your fears. It makes you more confident, and you stop scaring from things that hardly matters in life.
- To confer moksha is the ultimate goal of one’s lives. Sunderkand is a step towards moksha.
How to Get Maximum Advantage from reading Sunderkand?
- These tips will help you grab maximum advantage from reading the epic.
- It is preferred to recite the epic in the early morning in the Brahm Muhurat 4-6 AM if you read it alone.
- If done in a group, it should be recited after 7 PM to get the maximum benefits.
- It is ideal to recite the epic with a musical group.
- One should not get up in between reciting this epic. Phones, alarms, talking, or breaks should be avoided at any cost.
- It is necessary to take a bath and wear light-colored clothes before commencing the reading session.
The greatness and power of sunderkand provide equal blessings to everyone. The name of God is like fire. Even if someone touches the fire incidentally, by chance or without having proper knowledge, his fingers get burned. Similarly, reading this epic will fill your life with happiness, prosperity, and blessings of God, even if you read in unintentionally or unknowingly.
Lizard Falling Meaning on Body Parts