Mahamrityunjaya Mantra is otherwise known as “Tryambakam Mantra”, is a verse of the Rigveda. Lord Shiva is worshipped as one of the principal deities in Hinduism. He owns the power of creation, protection and transformation. Lord Shiva can be easily pleased by chanting mantras and he quickly grants a boon to his devotees. Mahamrityunjaya Mantra addresses Rudra Avatar of Lord Shiva. This mantra helps in conquering death and as per Shiv Puran, chanting this mantra helps in relieving unknown fears.
“Om Trayambakam Yajamahe,
Urva Rukamiva Bandhanan,
Mrityor Mokshiye Maamritat”
Mahamrityunjaya Mantra in Hindi
ॐ त्र्यम्बकं यजामहे सुगन्धिं पुष्टिवर्धनम् । उर्वारुकमिव बन्धनान् मृत्योर्मुक्षीय मामृतात् ॥
The meaning of the Mantra
“The Third eye God Shiva can see what we see and what we cannot see. I raise, increase my good vasanas (not any material aspects), my soul is like a cucumber bound, I pray you to free me from the incarceration of death and give me immortality”
Mahamrityunjaya mantra and its Importance
- This mantra helps in removing any kind of dosha, Maas, Gochara, Antar-dasha in one’s kundli. (Horoscope)
- Chanting this mantra helps to come out of situations such as division of property, familial discord, and death due to contagion.
- One who chants the mantra with faith his financial troubles, the business loss will vanish
- Mahamrityunjaya mantra helps the people who suffer from any disease and also guarantees a prolonged life. While reciting this mantra with sincerity and faith, it will prevent your premature death.
- The healing power associated with the mantra creates divine vibes that heal the fear of death. It liberates you from death and rebirth. So, it is also called as “Moksha Mantra”
- The Maha Mantra helps you in making the right decision when you are in a perplexing or challenging state.
- If you are affected by bad dreams, reciting this powerful mantra for nine times before sleeping helps to get a peaceful, undisturbed sleep.
The mantra will bring you incredible results by applying chandan, kumkum or bhasma before chanting it.
Mahamrityunjaya Mantra and Benefits
- Chanting this mantra benefits our physical, mental and emotional health. It escalates happiness and peace of mind and also brings out prosperity and gratification to life.
- Mahamrityunjaya Mantra is meant for rejuvenation and nurturance.
- This Moksha Mantra connects human beings into their own inner divinity.
How to purify your home with Mahamrityunjaya Mantra?
A special protocol should be followed in order to ward off any evil hint of death from your home with the god blessings. Take a glass of water, sit facing east side, pray to Lord Shiva and close the top of the glass with right-hand palm. Now, chant the mantra for 1008 times, spray the water inside the house, and take a few spoons of water and give it to people. By doing so, the god’s energy is seemingly invoked in the water.
How to Recite Mahamrityunjaya mantra?
- Wake up early and chant the mantra in between 4-6 AM which is considered to be the best time. If you are unable to do in the early morning, chant it in late morning after taking a clean bath and routines.
- Choose Rudraksha Mala for chanting this mantra as it represents the god himself considers it as an auspicious.
- Do recite it at least five times a day.
- You may chant it 9 times before taking medicines, before sleeping or before going out of the home. It will keep you away from negativity, accidents and save you.
- Completely focus on the meaning of the mantra and concentrate on the vibes with faith and devotion. Better place a Mahamrityunjaya yantra, Shiva linga, Shiva picture near you while reciting this mantra.
- Stop taking non-vegetarian consciously that will help in attaining the benefits sooner than you believe.
- Try to chat this mantra at least three times before start driving, By doing so, the god will make your journey safe. It is advised to recite the mantra 108 times daily to acquire a healthy and wealthy life.
After completing the chanting sit and relax. You will find a profound silence and you may feel protective psychic energy around you. It is sure chanting Mahamrityunjaya Mantra will uplift your life and help you to overcome all obstacles, hurdles in your life.
Also, Read –
Which is Lucky Letter For Your Zodiac Sign?