Are you stuck in an irony? Your sun sign is Gemini, but you never felt like one. Instead, you are an emotional, family-oriented man who is quite moody. It is your cancer moon. What is this difference between? Are you a Sun sign or a moon sign? Or both?
To understand the difference between the two, you need to understand what these both signs are.
What is a Sun sign?
The position of Sun at the time of your birth indicates your sun sign. Ranging from Aries to Pisces, a person can belong to any of 12 sun signs. Each sun sign has a ruling planet, and it influences the overall personality and traits of a person. The planetary influence on a person goes a long way impacting his personality. For instance, the sun signs like Virgo and Gemini have Mercury as their ruling planet, and it makes them curious, intellectual and analytical.
Aries which are ruled by Mars are usually drawn to challenges and excitement. Their ruling planet makes them forthright and bold by nature. Leo is ruled by the planet Sun, and they have a habit of enjoying superiority. They have a kind of gravitational pull that can attract others towards them. Capricorn being ruled by Saturn is of restricted and stifled nature and often needs others’ assistance to sort itself out.
What is a Moon Sign?
The position of the moon at the time of your birth is equally important. When taken into consideration and taken account of, it turns out to be the moon sign of the native. Just like the Sun, the position of the moon at the time of our birth also influences the inner personality of the person. The position of the moon is known to affect the character, emotions, subconscious behaviour and instincts of a person.
Let us understand this with an example. Aquarians have an in-born erratic sense of revolution invention and humanitarianism in them, but if the same person has a Scorpion moon, his Aquarian traits will be balanced by the need of personal space, spirituality and passion.
The same goes with the combination of Taurus and Capricorn combination. The pleasure-oriented and dependable Taurus sign natives become great disciples with a Capricorn moon. It enhances their willpower and structure as well.
The case is quite interesting with Sagittarians. They are fiery people with a strong desire to explore. It is impossible for them to sit cooped for a longer time. When paired with Piscean moon, their desire becomes dreamy, and they become passive.
The Difference with a sun sign and a moon sign
- Where the Sun informs about the primary personality, character, will and ego of a person, the moon defines our sub-consciousness and emotions. Sun talks about our fundamental personality and moon talks about the instinctive one.
- You only need to know the exact date of birth to know the sun sign of the person whereas the moon sign can be known if you know the exact date, year, location and time of the birth.
- The Sun takes complete 12 months to roam in the 12 different zodiac signs whereas it is different for the moon. The moon moves quickly and stays in a zodiac sign for around 2 and a half days.
- The astrological predictions of the Sun are valid for one month only while the moon sign predictions last for longer.
- If you want to know a generic overview of the personality of a person, you should opt knowing its sun sign and its predictions. The moon sign talks divulge in a person’s inner workings and untapped potential.
- Moon sign predictions are known to be more accurate and precise as compared to sun sign predictions.
- Two people with the same sun sign can have the same personalities, but it is not necessary for two people with the same moon sign to have identical personalities.
Finding complete information about the sun sign and moon sign of the native helps him to reveal his strength and weakness. It helps him to use his strengths more accurately and mesh the differences. Knowing the combination of his inner and outer self helps the native to gain a better understanding of him. He becomes more driven, bold and restless.